I had been experimenting with raw edge sewing for some time and decided to take on a challenging project. I had a closeup photo of a beautiful rose from a friend's garden. I traced the contours and outlined all the pieces I would need by hand (no Photoshopping filters here)! I then selected some monochromatic fabrics attempting to get both detail and depth to the design. It was really exciting to see the image of the rose evolving as I was sewing each piece in its place. I had to really think through in which order I would sew each color. To make the design even more modern I used asymmetrical edges which also adds more interest to the wall hanging.